tosca-comment message

Subject: Re: [tosca-comment] Sequenced list

Hi Oliver,

Actually, I think you got the indentation off a bit, but are correct that it yields a list of Maps

e.g.,

  properties:
    listen_ports:
      type: list
      entry_schema:
        type: integer
        constraints:
          - max_length: 128

yields:

{
 "properties": {
   "listen_ports": {
     "entry_schema": {
       "type": "integer",
       "description": "listen port entry (simple integer type)",
       "constraints": [
         {
           "max_length": 128
         }
       ]
     },
     "type": "list"
   }
 }
}

It was decided that a sequence was needed, going back to v1.0, in order to cause the constraints to applied/validated in order.   There is no concrete use case to show this, nor is there one I can think of, but it is valid and does work despite adding complexity.   It could be considered, in a future version, to lax the syntax and allow for unordered lists; however, the ordered/sequenced list would still be preserved for backwards compatibility.

Kind regards,
Matt