tosca-comment message

Subject: TOSCA: To create a floating IP and associate to VM

Hi All,

I have couple of questions regarding the TOSCA specifications related to the networking:

  1. I am unable to find sufficient information in the TOSCA definitions to create a floating IP for a VM.

The definitions as per TOSCA simple profile YAML is as follows:

  tosca.nodes.network.FloatingIP:

    derived_from: tosca.nodes.Root

      The TOSCA FloatingIP node represents a floating IP that can associate to a Port.

    properties:

      floating_network:

        type: string

        required: true

      floating_ip_address:

        type: string

        required: false

      port_id:

        type: string

        required: false

    requirements:

      - link:

          capability: tosca.capabilities.network.Linkable

          relationship: tosca.relationships.network.LinksTo

          node: tosca.nodes.network.Port

The floatingIp node is linked to a port which in turn will be binded to a VM.

So the inference from this is as follows:

  1. Use the external network: floating_network to get a floating Ip.
  2. Associate the floating Ip to port that is binded to a specific VDU.

Let me know if this is the desired behaviour for allocating a floating IP to a VDU?

  1. The Router creation is not specified in the TOSCA specification. In openstack , we can create multiple routers and associate different internal networks to a specific routers. I am unable to get the details of those in the TOSCA specifications.
  2. The external network creation: how do we create an external network as per TOSCA specifications? There is no identifier which  mentions that the network is external or internal in the current Network definitions.

Please provide your thoughts on these.

Regards,

Manas