tosca-comment message

Subject: RE: [tosca-comment] Feedback on TOSCA 1.3 spec

Problems Iâve dealt with in the past include non-legible characters being included accidentally in my YAML files by cutting and pasting. These are sometimes hard to track down.

From: Tal Liron <tliron@redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, March 8, 2020 2:25 PM
To: Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com>
Cc: adam souzis <adam@onecommons.org>; tosca-comment@lists.oasis-open.org

On Sun, Mar 8, 2020 at 3:22 PM Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com> wrote:

There is always a balance between restricting (i.e. limiting what are considered valid values for entity names) and protecting (i.e. warning the designer when theyâve likely made a mistake). Youâre arguing against any restrictions, which would then also result in no protections. Adamâs suggestion of modeling after XML might be an acceptable compromise. Do you see use cases where this is too restrictive?

I don't understand what it is you want to protect in this case.

And so picking XML's scheme seems an entirely arbitrary choice. If you could explain what you are trying to protect then we can consider options for adding protections. To me this looks like adding restrictions just so there would be restrictions.