tosca-comment message

Subject: Re: [tosca-comment] Re: TOSCA inputs and outputs for shell scripts

On Thu, Oct 8, 2020 at 12:17 AM adam souzis <adam@onecommons.org> wrote:
Also, regarding parse see https://github.com/cblp/yaml-sucks for example

The YAML spec is not ambiguous, and especially in 1.2 there is greater clarity on which schemas should be supported for greater compatibility.

But you are very right that the quality of YAML parsers (most of which are still stuck at 1.1) is ... variable. I can even add a few more examples to that page. But the point is that these parsers do not follow the spec.

The bottom line is that it's outside of TOSCA's scope: choose whatever makes sense to you. I generally avoid JSON due to the lack of integers, meaning that it may not survive roundtrips of TOSCA data, but it works for you, why not? (By the way, note that both TOSCA and YAML don't have unsigned integers.) I imagine that many orchestrators would be using databases to store values and may not use textual interchange formats at all.