tosca-interop-demo message

Subject: TOSCA Interop -- Updated Company Participation Information Packet

2013-cloud-symposium.png

TOSCA INTEROP DEMO information packet – second update

15 October – ICS program, EuroCloud Congress program, TOSCA Demo, OASIS20 Reception, EuroCloud Dinner Gala

16 October – EuroCloud Congress program

Venue:
Chambre de Commerce

7 rue Alcide de Gasperi
Luxembourg / Kirchberg – BP 1304
L-1013 Luxembourg

·         ICS Website

·         EuroCloud Congress Website

Demonstration Set-up & Schedule:
As you know, room F35 at the Chambre de Commerce has been received for the TOSCA Interop.  This room is located next to the ICS conference room (F36), and is available to the group from 8:00-18:00.  Please find the current layout of the room in the attached.  Comments are welcome.  We would very much like to introduce the demonstration participants at the end of the ICS opening session, which begins at 9:00 AM.  This session is solely dedicated to TOSCA -- Frank Leymann will be presenting on behalf of the TC.  We would like to have the ICS moderator take a few minutes at the end of the session to mention the Interop demonstration and participants.

Tuesday, 15 October Schedule-at-a-Glance

8:00 - Set-up begins

8:30 - Registration

9:00 (to 9:35) - ICS program begins with TOSCA presentation & demo announcement

9:45 (to 11:00) – EuroCloud Congress Opening Plenary (ICS is part of the EuroCloud Congress)
11:00 - Refreshment break

11:25 (to 12:45) - ICS & EuroCloud program

12:45 (to 14:00) - Lunch

14:00 (to 15:20) – ICS special plenary & EuroCloud program

15:20 – Refreshment break & special VIP demo (for European Commission and NIST guests)

15:45 (to 16:30) – ICS & EuroCloud program

16:30 (to 17:30) – ICS & EuroCloud program

17:30 (to 18:00) – Tear down demo in room F35

18:30 – OASIS20 Reception (If the group agrees, we could arrange to have a small space within the reception area to continue with demonstrations.  Please feel free to discuss during your next call and let me know if this opportunity is of interest.  Note:  The reception will be held in another location near the venue - Sofitel Luxembourg Europe)

Press Release
The OASIS press release is currently in the works and will be distributed to the group soon.  In the meantime, please feel free to contact Carol Geyer directly with any questions – carol.geyer@oasis-open.org.

Company Signage
OASIS will provide all demo signage in order to ensure fairness and consistency.  All signage will be forwarded to the group for approval by 27 September.  I do have many company logos already, but may need to contact a few for high-resolution logos over the next few weeks.  In the meantime, please feel free to contact me directly with any questions regarding signage.

AV Equipment & Technical Requests
Participating companies will be responsible for bringing any of their individual equipment to the event (if applicable).  OASIS will be supplying the group with a large monitor (about 32”) and computer onsite.  Wireless internet connectivity will be available in the room throughout the day.  If the group decides to continue with demonstrations during the reception, a computer and video monitor will be made available.

Registration Information
OASIS will be registering one representative from your company to attend the event.  If you receive an invoice from the registration folks for the event, please ignore.  It is an automatic reply. There is no fee to attend.  As a demo participant, you may attend all ICS & EuroCloud Congress sessions on both days (15-16th).  In addition, you are invited to join us at the OASIS20 reception/EuroCloud Gala dinner on Tuesday evening at the Sofitel Kirchberg Hotel.  (See above note about possible demo opportunities at the reception.)

Don’t forget…You can invite colleagues to register using our discount code: ECoasisprogram.  The code entitles the to our special 75 Euros fee, which includes attendance to both the ICS & EuroCloud programs.

Promoting your Participation
As a presenter, we understand that you may be blogging and/or tweeting about your speaking engagement, as well as the Symposium.  When sending messages via twitter, please consider using the ICS & EuroCloud hashtags (#intcloudsym #eurocloud), so it appears on those conference pages.  Feel free to also send us your blog URL and we’ll post it on the ICS website.

Hotel & Transportation Information
Information on Luxembourg, including nearby sites to visit and maps for getting around the city, are available online at Visit Luxembourg - http://www.visitluxembourg.com/en.

Participants will need to make their own arrangements for lodging.  For a list of area hotel options, please refer to the ICS venue webpage - https://www.oasis-open.org/events/cloud/2013/venue.

Again, please feel free to contact me directly with any questions: jane.harnad@oasis-open.org.  And don’t forget to use the tosca-interop-demo@lists.oasis-open.org list for communications.