tosca-interop message

Subject: Re: [tosca-interop] Some questions about the SugarCRM ServiceTemplate

Hi Paul,

some answers to your questions:

re 1) Right, no DeploymentArtifact so far. We are using a default image in
our prototype which is RHEL 5.7 x86_64. We will have to define a
DeploymentArtifact for the interop work.

re 2) Actually, I see some alternatives here: we could either point to a
concrete image (a disk image), or rather specify metadata (like desired OS,
version, arch, etc.) and each implementation selects such an image using
its favorite hypervisor. I would prefer this latter option.

re 3) My view: things like getting IP addresses etc. is implementation
specific, this is nothing the application cares about. From an application
point of view, the importing things is that it gets VMs, and that those VMs
have IP addresses - but not how it gets the IP addresses. So each TOSCA
implementation could do this using its own specific mechanisms.

re 4) We will have to define a set of base DeploymentArtifact Types known
to each implementation. Like in our prototype, we "just understand" a
package artifact and know how to deploy it. There is no special operation
required. Deployment of DeploymentArtifacts happens before any operation is
invoked. ... again, a lot of currently undocumented conventions we will
have to work on in the SC.

Regards,
Thomas
Tivoli CTO Office - Cloud Orchestration - Cloud Standards
Tivoli Master Inventor
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH, C397, Schoenaicher Str. 220,
D-71032 Boeblingen, Germany
thomas.spatzier@de.ibm.com | +49-7031-16-1219

IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzende des
Aufsichtsrats: Martina Koederitz
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Stuttgart,
HRB 243294