tosca-interop message

Subject: Groups - Action Item "SugarCRM Template: Resolve use of "name" property" Closed

Action Item Subject: SugarCRM Template: Resolve use of "name" property
Item Number: #0004

Description
Discuss use of "name" property as navigatable (i.e. referenceable) vs. descriptive name. Currently, at the service template level, the name is used as a descriptive property and on nodes it is used for navigation. It has been suggested that we should perhaps decide on a property such as "name" for description and come up with another name for a navigatable property so the two are not confused. It was also discussed that a property like "identifier" is not necessarily navigatable either; therefore, we need a proposal for a new property name and likely need to create clear definitions for the use of each of these properties (for template readers and primer).

Owner: Mr. Thomas Spatzier
Due Date: N/A

Comments
Mr. Matthew Rutkowski 2012-11-05 16:15 UTC
Ken suggests a 3rd option that the name property be navigable in all instances.

Mr. Matthew Rutkowski 2012-11-05 17:09 UTC
Discussed this issue at length during 2012-11-05 interop call. We agreed to close the issue here as we should use QNAMES, IDREF and type names for matching/navigation. Addtionally, Dale will open a "vnext" JIRA issue to resolve matching (nodes) beyond type matching (or subtype) and at Primer we need to find a way to introduce/describe matching on nodes/node types.