tosca-interop message

Subject: Groups - Action Item "SugarCRM Template: Determine conventions for invoking scripts" Modified

Action Item Subject: SugarCRM Template: Determine conventions for invoking scripts
Item Number: #0005

Description
Document conventions for invoking scripts (e.g. passing environment vars. and parameters).

Owner: Mr. Thomas Spatzier
Due Date: N/A

Comments
Mr. Matthew Rutkowski 2012-12-03 17:17 UTC
Notes from the 2012-12-03 Interop SC call (see meeting minutes for full transcript):

Tobias noticed in the scripts folder (shell scripts), many people do not understand there are bash scripts and shell scripts
Tobias: bash syntax can be different (for older shell versions).
Tobias wonders if we should state we are using bash or shell or mandate this?
Derek Palma (Vnomic): Proposed action for now: State that current scripts should be interpreted as bash for the current script artifact (don't bother generalizing the script artifacts yet). Describe the calling conventions for this script artifact.
[08:33] Derek Palma (Vnomic): Yes
[08:33] Tobias Kunze: Calling conventions for now: #!/bin/sh OR #!/bin/bash
[08:33] Derek Palma (Vnomic): At end of the interop we can formalize what we need.