tosca-interop message

Subject: RE: [tosca-interop] Groups - TOSCA Interop SC Minutes for 2013-01-14.htm uploaded

Matt, could you please add the modified version below (no joke) of my response to the last posting in the chat:

[12:07] Paul Lipton (Co-Chair) Private: Can you likely implement an InTEROPERABLE version of a TOSCA consuming or creating thing without reading this doc? I doubt it unless  you are lucky.

[12:08] Paul Lipton (Co-Chair) Private: Dont' think like an implementer, think like a lawyer. http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/images/smile.gif Yes, this stuff is mundane, but Apple got a patent for page turns! http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/images/smile.gif

[12:10] Paul Lipton (Co-Chair) Private: So, we are going to increase potential LEGAL RISK to improve readability a little (2 docs for one version is not the end of the world). Not a good tradeoff in practical terms.

[12:12] Paul Lipton (Co-Chair) Private: We could keep it a WD until we start v.next and then do the merge as needed with v.next's spec. That would work for me, too.

[12:13] Paul Lipton (Co-Chair) Private: It won't stop ANYBODY from doing interops or implementations.

Thanks,

Paul