tosca-interop message

Subject: Re: [tosca-interop] some questions about the demo

Hi Jin Qin,

please see my answers inline below.

Regards,
Thomas

Spatzier/Germany/IBM@IBMDE
> Date: 16.07.2013 09:01
> Subject: [tosca-interop] some questions about the demo
> Sent by: <tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>
>
> Hi all
>
>          As Huawei want to show the process of the deployment. It
> means that the demo will use the CSAR file directly.  So there are
> some questions need to clarify:
>
> 1.       How is the Tosca container connect to the VM instance? Just
> by ssh, or the other method? If by ssh, what’s the username and
> password will be used?

The way the TOSCA container communicates with deployed VMs is outside the
scope of the TOSCA specification, i.e. this is implementation choice of
each TOSCA container provider. Our implementation, for example, uses an
agent that runs inside deployed VMs to execute scripts.

> 2.       Have the Mysql and Apache already integrated in the VM
> images and only to config them? Or VM images just provide the pure
> OS, the Mysql and Apache will be installed through Tosca CSAR file?
> What is the account name and password for the mysql? I still suggest
> to use the same VM images for the demo. It could reduce many problems.

The VM images provide just the base operating system. All software
installation (MySQL, httpd, etc.) gets done while deploying the TOSCA
service template. As part of this process, also the root ID for mysql gets
sets.

> 3.       In the discussion, I remember that there is a import and
> export process. Is it means that the demo will use the company A ‘s
> tool to generate the CSAR file and use company B ‘s runtime
> environment to deploy it with that CSAR file? We worried that the
> used different CSAR may cause some problems, so we suggest that: The
> CSAR file generate by the tools should be provide as soon as
> possible for the other company to test their deploy demo;

Ideally, we would use a tool of one company to create the CSAR and then
deploy it in runtimes of other companies. I can imagine to relax this a bit
and just have one CSAR agreed by all companies that we import into each
runtime and deploy SugarCRM based on it.