tosca-interop message

Subject: RE: [tosca-interop] Groups - DRAFT - OASIS-EuroCloud Interop. Demo Storyboard uploaded

Hi Matt,

The most-recent draft does not have a slide that shows the many-to-many-to-many story. Maybe that is because you are still working on it, or maybe it is because I did a poor job of describing what I had envisioned. I will assume the problem lies with my poor communication skills, so I decided to put together the slide myself. After all, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Here is my requested replacement for what was slide 5 in the previous version, and seems to be missing from the latest version.

My experience with complex demos is that a single slide that summarizes the whole thing is often very useful to the audience. My hope is that this might be that single slide. Please consider including it into the deck.

Best,

  --Richard

From: tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Matt Rutkowski
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 8:00 AM
To: Probst, Richard
Cc: tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Richard,

Yes, it is my plans and on my mind since Monday's call and have some idea of how to accomplish graphically;  I just have not had time to work on it.

Kind regards,
Matt

From:        "Probst, Richard" <richard.probst@sap.com>
To:        Matt Rutkowski/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
Cc:        "tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org" <tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        09/11/2013 09:08 AM

Hi Matt,

As I mentioned on the last SC call, I think slide 5 should be turned into a many-to-many-to-many story: there are many design tools for building TOSCA service templates ,there will be many marketplaces for distributing them, and there are many TOSCA runtimes for executing them. Then the particular route through this mesh which is to be demoed at Eurocloud/ICS can be highlighted to document what is being shown, without implying that Vnomic is the only TOSCA design tool or that IBM is the only marketplace.

SAP requests to be represented in that picture as the provider of a marketplace. Here is a mockup image of a planned SAP marketplace for the new slide 5.

Best,
  --Richard