tosca-interop message

Subject: RE: [tosca-interop] Groups - tosca-interop-ics-pressrelease 2013-10-07 edits.docx uploaded

Hi Matt,

Yes, the style of the SAP quote can be matched to the style adopted for use by all quotes, to improve consistency.

Re the “missing” edit, no problem, just wanted to make sure it wasn’t a mistake. Once all edits have been settled, please let me know and I will give the SAP PR folks a chance to do another review, but you have been so careful with your editing that I do not expect any concerns.

Best,

  --Richard

From: tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Matt Rutkowski
Sent: Monday, October 07, 2013 10:12 AM
To: Probst, Richard
Cc: tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

Hiu Richard,

My thoughts against your questions...

We should use a standard way to attribute quotes. The SAP quote is attributed in the paragraph itself, while the other quotes are attributed with names appearing after the quote. Either way is fine, we should just pick one way.

  • Agree.  As the other three are composed with the attribution at the end, would it be possible to do likewise for SAP's?  I do like the cleverness of placing it in-line in your example, but this seems more like a recorded/verbal quote given live to a reporter whereas published quotes usually have trailing attributes.

On the call, you edited the text that reads “…as a TOSCA service template between cloud orchestration tools and runtimes offered. Products from Fujitsu, HP, Huawei, IBM, SAP, Vnomic, and Zenoss were featured.” but this edit is not in the version you just sent. Did you decide to un-do the edit or did it just fall through cracks?

  • I decided to not mess with the sentence structure as it was not incorrect; simply it did not read as I would have authored it.  In addition, I did not want to mess with the body of the PR as to cause SAP issues and minimize the need to re-review.

Please let me know your opinion.

Thanks,
Matt