tosca-interop message

Subject: Hybrid use case, more detailed networking diagram, discussion to motivate certain requirement/capability types

Hi

Here is my first draft of a diagram and description for a hybrid networking interconnect as previously discussed by Derek and me.

I am taking this down to the networking layers in some detail so that it becomes clearer what kinds of problems can arise for certain kinds of bridging virtual and virtual or virtual and metal subnets using the challenge of bridging subnets to same ARP domain.  This involves a WAN link or pseudo wire, so strays beyond the usual vlan merging with vlan situation.

As far as a real world precedent for this technology, I will send a message later with an RFC list providing background. As far as implementation goes, it looks to me that the Cisco Intercloud implementation has a lot of the underlying capabilities that would be potential ones for a TOSCA model of requirements on connectivity. I have only had access to a recently published (jan 27)  whitepaper on the intercloud, so my claim is impressionistic, not rigorous.

Sorry for the delay in getting this out.

Dale Moberg