tosca-interop message

Subject: RE: [tosca-interop] NEW:Upcoming Interop. Events - Plan to attend Monday's call

Hi Interop Demo SC Tosca-teers,

Regarding the Forecast 2014 event, run by the Open Data Center Alliance, please note an interesting mix of higher level executives along with technical attendees, which may be useful. The press release (1) has links to the paper on the TOSCA PoC that they did (by T-Systems (part of Deutsche Telekom) and others) that looks somewhat similar to our Interop Demo. There  is also a link to their ODCA Service Orchestration Master Usage Model, which informs their criteria and interest. That said; I believe they are more interested in customer experiences than vendors. Are service providers customers or vendors? I think, in a sense, both. Something to think about, perhaps. ;-)

(1) http://www.opendatacenteralliance.org/newsroom/mediaresources/odca-demos-software-application-portability-in-enterprise-cloud-using-oasis-tosca-standard

Thanks,
Paul

-----Original Message-----
From: tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Mr. Matthew Rutkowski
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 11:16 AM
To: tosca-interop@lists.oasis-open.org

Dear Interop. SC members,

Jane Harnad, OASIS Staff, has found some upcoming opportunities which we need to discuss as a group to see if we would like to participate in.

Please plan to attend this coming Monday's call where we will have Jane on to discuss these events and participate in a Q&A.

------------------
These events include:

1. Cloud Expo East
10-12 June 2014
Javits Center, New York, New York
www.cloudcomputingexpo.com
Audience:  expecting  7,000+ registered attendees, Deadline to confirm participation:  30 April

2. Cloud World Forum
Participation fee:  3,500 USD (per company) Event details:
17-18 June 2014
Olympia National Hall, London, United Kingdom http://cloudwf.com/
Audience:  8000+ delegates from 70+ countries
Deadline to confirm participation:   30 April

3. Forecast 2014
Participation fee:  none, part of the ODCA/OASIS agreement Event details:
22-24 September 2014
Palace Hotel, San Francisco, California
http://www.opendatacenteralliance.org/forecast2014
Audience:  500-700 expected, C-level executives, senior managers – 40% technologists and 60% end-users Deadline to confirm participation:  2 May

---

I will post full details in these 3 to the mailing list as well.  As you can see reg. deadlines are approaching a quick decision is needed from our group and also the TC.

Please plan to join us Monday to review.

Thanks,
Matt