tosca-interop message

Subject: Interop. SC looking to confirm participation @Forecast 2014

Dear Interop. SC members,

During our call to today, Jane kindly reviewed the options currently on the table for our next event.  Given the timing of events, participation fees and desired target audience it appears that we are on a path to confirm for ODCA's Forecast 2014 event (see below).  We will discuss more at this week's TC call, but need to confirm an on-site event leader and 2-3 panelists who could be present at the event in order for us to confirm.

Thanks,
Matt

-----------------------

Forecast 2014

Recommended activity:  Instant demo and presentation
Participation fee:  none, part of the ODCA/OASIS agreement

Event details:
22-24 September 2014
Palace Hotel, San Francisco, California
http://www.opendatacenteralliance.org/forecast2014
Audience:  500-700 expected, C-level executives, senior managers – 40% technologists and 60% end-users

Background on the Instant Demo option:   Instant demos will be held in a special area at the conference venue.  This area will be equipped with kiosks that display content from each of the event supporters (including OASIS).  OASIS is entitled to submit a brief demo video (length to be determined shortly), 2-3 pieces of reference materials and a contact email for further information.  During the event, attendees will be encouraged to view the demo kiosks located in this area.  If any attendees have questions about the demos – these will be directed to OASIS.
Background on the presentation option:  The organizers are inviting us to provide a Proof of Concept – TOSCA presentation in the PoC track.  The session date/time is yet to be determined.

Deadline to confirm participation:  2 May