tosca-interop message

Subject: 2014-09-29 Interop SC Mtg Minutes

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Attendees: Paul, Larry, Derek, Peter, Matt, Karsten, Juergen

Called to order at 10:03 CST

Karsten Beins (Scribe - Fujitsu) morphed into Karsten Beins (Fujitsu)

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: provided synopsis of last week's ODCA conference

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: OASIS viewed it as a success, by attendance of our session, tables completely full for our room.  Lots of TOSCA interest

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: by target audience, the high-level decision makers (CxOs).  Survey of people we met did meet that criteria, but good mix of deep "techies"

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: Presentation (and level) were a hit, lots of questions after presentation, no one left room, not many looking at phones or doing emails

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: only saw 3 distracted persons

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: name dropping (of TOSCA), several other sessions promoting TOSCA; including Winston Bumpus, former president of DMTF

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Juergen joined call

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: lots of questions in T-Systems session regarding version 1.1, Matt fielded the questions

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: analysts were impressed, InfoWeek published article on TOSCA

anonymous morphed into Juergen Meynert (Fujitsu)

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: Richard and Matt agreed that the "presenter" slides needed less animation.  That those unfamiliar with the animations or those who wanted more flexibility to discuss the slide contents needed to have more of the complete slide shown at the onset.  Animations got int the way in many cases

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Karsten: thanks OASIS TOSCA presenters.  Question: were people agreeing to the TOSCA concepts

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Derek: people now understand the need for TOSCA, but may not know all the details

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: ODCA indicated current/defacto stds were insufficient and not open, TOSCA would be the open standard

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: can make available the T-Systems presentations upon request

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul will discuss with OASIS staff as to what options we have for an "OASIS sponsored" event to do our next public interop. demo

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: Also wishes to explore with Ryan Skipp, on how we can better work with the ODCA

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: suggests we capture ODCA panel questions at the Tech marketing group tomorrow

Matt: we need to capture the guidance/policy for presenters of TOSCA materials on commenting on specific TOSCA member support (which is we do not and we ref. back to the member).

Matt: indicates its the priority of this group to identify a venue in the 1st half of 2015 for next public interop. demo

Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Adjourned at 11:01 CST

Sent transcript to: mrutkows@us.ibm.com