tosca-interop message

Subject: 2015-01-26 Interop. SC Mtg Minutes

Chat transcript from room: tosca-interop
2015-01-26 GMT-08:00
[08:07] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Attendees: Paul, John, Derek, Karsten, Shitao, Matt, Juergen, Peter, Don
[08:07] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: update on OSCON communication with OASIS Staff
[08:07] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: OSCON now understands we are a non-profit group, and will give us a 10x10 booth to demonstrate
[08:08] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: only problem remaining, general to the OSCON show they indicated additional "guidelines" would have to be adhered to
[08:08] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: we are still waiting for the "guidelines" or "resitrictions"
[08:09] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: May limit out ability to show company logos, nothing received yet
[08:09] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: kudos to OASIS staff at negotiating these things
[08:10] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: OSCON is overlooking some March deadlines for non-profits
[08:10] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: still working presentation/track or "birds of feather" talk
[08:11] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: will be sure OASIS staff will get clarity
[08:12] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: restrictions (once received) would need to be reviewed to see if too much for our need to promote our TOSCA ecosystem effectively
[08:13] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Karsten: what options do we have to demo? Can we do videos as in Luxemburg?
[08:13] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: Imagines we can show videos
[08:14] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: only concern as to how member companies can show their logos/product/service names
[08:17] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): John: Prof. conferences have a fee structure that differentiates between attendees by tier
[08:17] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): John: distinguish between large companies, gov. entities, non-profits, etc.
[08:20] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: OASIS has value, brings value to event, allows us access to the press at OSCON and will assure we fully advantage that
[08:41] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: XML and YAML demos of interop. are both welcome
[08:41] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: we may need to translate YAML use case (templates) to XML
[08:41] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: Matt indicates actual Container demos (Docker) may be too aggressive and was hoping to rely on TM&E group to handle positioning of Docker
[08:42] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Karsten: indicates TM&E is working on such materials
[08:42] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: Wants to be inclusive, more people, more caps., value add, Docker must be included
[08:45] Karsten Beins (Fujitsu - scribe): Need to duck out now, as announced in the beginning
[08:46] Karsten Beins (Fujitsu - scribe) morphed into Karsten Beins (Fujitsu)
[08:59] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: need to vote next week on use case to keep moving against it with assurity
[08:59] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Add Attendees: Juergen, Peter, Don
[09:07] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: Please take use case in Appendix of YAML spec. labelled "Monitoring" which has a diagram showing orange tier with DB(Mongo) tier, WebApp(Nodejs) tier and a third tier wuth "Logstash" connectin to the Nodejs tier to collect logging data. Goal is to see if dev. teams can code this use case for OSCON. Please also see if we need to redact or alter it to be more accessible or easier to implement in the time given.
[09:07] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Adjourned at 11:02