tosca-interop message

Subject: 2015-05-04 Interop. SC minutes

Minutes for 2015-05-04 GMT-08:00

May the 4th Be With You!

[08:05] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Attendees: Matt, Paul, Sahdev, Don, Juergen
[08:06] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: asked Sahdev for status
[08:06] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Sahdev: have addressed comments from mailing list from Chris L. on email list
[08:06] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Sahdev: questions around setting some DB properties, which ones are required or not, some need to be made optional
[08:07] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Sahdev: no major comments, have not updated CSAR yet, busy updating Heat-Translator in advance of OS summit
[08:07] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Sahdev: CSAR looks good, these mods. will not change anything major, will update asap
[08:09] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: MongoDB used in ELK use case, which does not use certain user/password properties, but spec has them as required.
[08:09] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: Sahdev indicates we should likely make these not required in our TOSCA base types
[08:10] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Sahdev: also port is not needed.
[08:10] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: We likely need to discuss port, as this could be non-default
[08:11] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: sounds like not much changes (if anything) in ELK CSAR file, but mostly spec. changes for some property defs
[08:11] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Sahdev: some syntax issues in CSAR, some old grammar being used
[08:12] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Sahdev: will update CSAR file by end of this week
[08:15] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Please contact Sahdev Zala directly, via email if you want to be connected to the Heat-Translator development calls he hosts on Thursdays
[08:15] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: quick update, working with OASIS staff (Jane primarily). Got Jane in contact with Richard
[08:16] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: 2 tiers of BoFs at OSCON. Sponsors get 1 tier, essentially can create BoFs. Then there are ad-hocs where you get simple tables/white boards
[08:17] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: Since SAP a sponsor, Richard has volunteer to help get a sponsor tier BoF
[08:17] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: revised abstract for OSCON, Richard provided feedback which Paul will address and see if we can have one he feels SAP will support
[08:18] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: Again, booth will likely have 1 monitor/video (continuous) on virtues of TOSCA
[08:19] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: another monitor available for interop. videos. Recommend people bring videos on a thumb drive to copy easily and have your own laptop which could be hooked up to this 2nd monitor
[08:22] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: IBM will cross promote OASIS booth at their booth
[08:27] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: mentioned our DockerCon submission on TOSCA/Container got rejected lat week
[08:30] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: deadline for videos would be end of June
[08:31] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: must vote on in TC, drop dead will be first week of july
[08:31] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Paul: TM&E group needs help build out of latest deck, please join if u can
[08:34] Matt Rutkowski (IBM): Matt: adjourned