tosca-interop message

Subject: RE: [tosca-interop] 2015-06-29 Interop. SC minutes

I ran the latest CSAR file (2015-06-14 tosca_elk_DRAFT_CSAR.zip) through my validator, and I have a couple more comments:

1.       There is an indentation error in logstash.yaml. Under the “search_endpoint” requirement, the capability, node, and relationship keynames should all be indented equally as follows:

node_types:

  tosca.nodes.SoftwareComponent.Logstash:

    derived_from: tosca.nodes.SoftwareComponent

    requirements:

        - search_endpoint:

            capability: tosca.capabilities.Endpoint

            node: tosca.nodes.SoftwareComponent.Elasticsearch

            relationship:

2.       In tosca_elk.yaml, the mongo_db node template is missing the following required properties:

·         port

·         name

3.       There are a number of instances where operations in interfaces assign values to inputs that haven’t been previously defined. According to the spec, it is illegal to assign a value to an input that has not been previously defined. Here are the instances:

·         In tosca_elk.yaml, the app_collectd node template defines the Configure operation of the Standard interface. Specifically, it defines an implementation but it also assigns a value to the “logstash_ip” input. However, the interface definition does not define a “logstash_ip” input.

·         similarly, the kibana node template defines the Configure operation of the Standard interface. Specifically, it defines an implementation but it also assigns a value to the “kibana_ip” and “elasticsearch_ip” inputs. However, the interface definition does not define a “kibana_ip” or “elasticsearch_ip” input.

·         Same problem with the app_rsyslog node template. It assigns a value to an undefined “logstash_ip” input.

·         Same problem with the mongo_dbms node template. It assigns a value to an undefined mongodb_ip input

Chris