Subject: Re: [tosca] TOSCA TC Nomination - Paul Lipton (CA Technology)

Hi all,

having been one of the co-chairs of the consortium in the
pre-standardisation phase, I would like to continue that work also under
the umbrella of OASIS and formally act as a chair of the TOSCA TC.  Having
said that, I am also a strong supporter of the co-chair model and I would
be delighted to work together with Paul or any other candidate on this
subject. For those who do not know (or haven't been working with me in some
form in the past), I'll attach a little backgrounder for myself:

I am currently a lead architect in IBM's Cloud Initiative, focussing on
cloud management systems using portable cloud services. I am responsible
for enabling various IBM offerings in that space to support standardised
cloud services. Prior to this, I have been an architect in IBMs WebSphere
Process Server product family, focussing on Business Process Technologies
like WS-BPEL and BPMN. I represented IBM at various technology
standardisation committees at OASIS (WS-BPEL, SCA-BPEL), where I became
familiar with the duties of committee chairs and have been acting as one of
the co-chairs in the TOSCA pre-standardisation phase. In parallel, I was
the project lead and chief software engineer for the Open Source WS-BPEL
Designer Project at the Eclipse Foundation, and I am still a lecturer at
the University of Jena, Germany.

I hope you will seriously consider my candidacy, too, and I am looking
forward to working with all of you on the TOSCA Technical Committee.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

Simon Moser

Cloud Computing Architect
Dept. C453, IBM Research & Development Boeblingen

IBM Deutschland
Schoenaicher Str. 220
71032 Boeblingen
Phone: +49-7031-16-4304
Fax: +49-7031-16-4890
E-Mail: smoser@de.ibm.com
IBM Deutschland Research & Development GmbH / Vorsitzender des
Aufsichtsrats: Martin Jetter
Geschäftsführung: Dirk Wittkopp
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Böblingen / Registergericht: Amtsgericht
Stuttgart, HRB 243294