Subject: Scribe soaphub raw notes.

Are attached.

anonymous morphed into Frank Leymann (IBM)

Paul Lipton (co-chair): Hi, all. Welcome to this meeting of the TOSCA TC!

Attendance Recording: Participants are responsible to log their attendance on the Kavi calendar event at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/event.php?event_id=32568. This page also has phone bridge, proposed agenda, links to resources and more. Please look now, if you have not already done so.

When you join the meeting, use this page to record your attendance by clicking "Record My Attendance". If you are not on the internet, you can request the chair to record your attendance on your behalf.

Paul Lipton (CA) morphed into Paul Lipton (co-chair)

anonymous morphed into Simon Moser (co-chair)

anonymous morphed into Ted Streete (VCE)

anonymous morphed into Jim Marino

Rachid Sijelmassi: Paul are we using WebEx or LiveMeeting?

Rachid Sijelmassi: The only link I have is LM

Simon Moser (co-chair): the other one is in the calender invite

Simon Moser (co-chair): at the OASIS calender event

Simon Moser (co-chair): (in case we need it)

Dale Moberg 1 morphed into scribe

Paul Lipton (co-chair): P R O P O S E D   A G E N D A
* Welcome / Roll for those who cannot record their own attendance
* Co-chair appoints a scribe
* Review/approve draft proposed agenda
* Review/approve draft minutes
* Jan. 26: See http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/download.php/45010/TOSCA%20Minutes%202012-01-26.docx (thanks to Richard Probst for scribing)
* Issues/Proposals/Bugs queue (time permitting)
* TOSCA-3: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TOSCA-3 (Grouping element for policies)
* TOSCA-4: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TOSCA-4 (Modification of the interfaces element of NodeTypes)
* TOSCA-5: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TOSCA-5 (Support of implementationArtifacts within NodeTemplate)
* TOSCA-6: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TOSCA-6 (Mark all Normative Statements with RFC2119 terms and format)
* General discussion (time permitting)
* REMINDER: While a general approach can be decided by motion, specific technical proposals need to be JIRA issues
* Next meeting
* AOB

scribe: Meeting is quorate at 10:08

scribe: scribe: Dale Moberg

scribe: Motion: Agenda ok.

scribe: Seconded

scribe: Agenda accepted as proposed.

scribe: Motion: Accept Jan 26 minutes

scribe: Seconded by Marv

scribe: Discussion?

scribe: Accept minutes by unanimous consent

Stephen Tyler: WebEx - nothing in the LM

scribe: Tosca 3-6 issues, Frank to begin discussion.

scribe: Tosca 3-6 issues, Frank to begin discussion.

Paul Lipton (co-chair): Note: Dale Moberg is scribe

scribe: Proposal is to work on a new language element possibly called TopologyGroup

scribe: One usage of group is to serve as a referent for a Policy.

scribe: Could group templates be utilized? Frank points out complications.

scribe: Could policy be targeted by sets sharing a type, for example? Or by an enumeration (by IP address e.g.)

anonymous morphed into Michael Schuster (SAP)

scribe: Mike E points out that an open issue is in need of a detailed proposal.

scribe: Marv applauds initial informal discussion of the issue and approaches.

Mike Edwards1: There is a question of a procedure here perhaps - one way of handling issues is for them to be raised as "New" and then require formal assent of the TC to become "Open" - and no formal work should go on until they reach "Open" state.  The TC can alternatively choose to "Close with No Action" rather than move to "Open"

scribe: Procedural interlude concludes and issue 4 is introduced

scribe: Modify an existing Tosca element -- clean up by focus on interface with one or more operations

scribe: "operation" to be renamed TBD

scribe: special support for Rest based techniques involving e.g. query parameters

Mike Edwards1: So if I had a component that offered the same capability via different protocols, how would that be handled - eg same function via both REST and via Web Services ?

scribe: Derek to provide a reminder to Frank

scribe: Frank will provide a detailed proposal on TOSCA-4

Paul Lipton (co-chair) lowered your hand

scribe: TOSCA-5 is next.

scribe: Allows overrides of implementation specific artifacts (such as specific jar file) used

scribe: Paul polls the TC for interest in further elaboration of TOSCA-5 proposals.

scribe: TOSCA-6 is queued up.

scribe: Mike Edwards proposes some specifics for the specification conventions

scribe: 3 principles that can help accomplish test/conformance tasks for the TC's output

Mike Edwards1: I agree with the concept of a Primer, Efraim

Mike Edwards1: A spec needs to be specific about what implementations must do

scribe: scribe likes Mike's proposal

Efraim (CA): @Mike,could you provide a link to a standard doc that is using this convention?

Marv Waschke (CA): IETF RFCs use caps for MUST etc. but not line breaks or numbers, I believe

Paul Lipton (co-chair) lowered your hand

scribe: Mike points out that breaks are useful for multi-sentence requirements to nail down boundaries

Mike Edwards1: I'll get some links into an email to specs that use conventions of these kinds

scribe: Paul moves to adjourn, Simon seconds, and all agree