Subject: New Editor Instructions For OASIS Rules Alignment

Hi Editors and TOSCA TC-ers,

Thanks to our wonderful editors and to all of you for your contributions to date and looking forward, especially use case contributors who may be awarded a special prize (hint, hint)! :-) FYI, CSD01 will be posted this week.

That said; editors and all, we are required for future CSDs submissions to make some minor changes/additions, as per OASIS rules.

1. We will need an acknowledgements section. Most likely, we will include all members and voting members. If you do NOT wish your name included or feel your name was excluded by mistake, it will be your responsibility to inform Simon and me. Editor, I am still researching details, and will get more to you on this ASAP.

2. CSDs .doc file version should not contain document changes that have not yet been accepted/rejected by the "track changes" function. You must also remove all comments.

3. All normative computer language definitions, e.g., XSD, must be provided in separate plain text files, even if they are listed in the spec. Each file must be referenced from the spec. Please note that where any definition in these separate files disagrees with the definition found in the specification, the definition in the separate file prevails. All these files need to have the same file name and version numbers and all should be placed in a single ZIP file. In the future, we will vote on that ZIP file

Please note that I will be specifying that the .doc file (not our PDF) is the definitive version by our TC, as that is what the TC Admin uses. If this is a problem, please let us know and we will schedule some time for you to make your case to the TC, of course, and approve alternatives (sigh)...

Paul Lipton
CA Technologies
VP, Industry Standards and Open Source
Member, CA Council for Technical Excellence
Office Phone: +1 609 583-9718
Mobile: +1 267 987-6887
Email: paul.lipton@ca.com