Subject: RE: [tosca] Things noted in TOSCA CSD01 that you may want to address in your next version

Hi Chet,

Thanks to you and the OASIS Staff for this detailed and helpful editorial review. As you note, we are already set to follow all procedures required. Regarding the other helpful items below, due to timing, we will most likely not be able to integrate these editorial changes into CSD02, but will make every effort to ensure that they are taken into account for CSD03.

Paul Lipton
CA Technologies
VP, Industry Standards and Open Source
Member, CA Council for Technical Excellence
Office Phone: +1 609 583-9718
Mobile: +1 267 987-6887
Email: paul.lipton@ca.com

-----Original Message-----
From: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tosca@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Chet Ensign
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2012 10:23 AM
To: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: TCA

Members of the TOSCA TC,

As mentioned, in preparing TOSCA CSD01, we noted some issues that I want to bring to your attention. Normally we don't get into this much detail in specification drafts but since we had to spend time in draft
1 and we noted these issues, we wanted to pass them along to you.

- Just procedurally, please continue to consolidate your working drafts into a numbered version using the Working Draft template we provided. We will convert that over into the CSD format when we publish it and by continuing to polish and advance your WD, we'll ensure that every fix (such as the ones below) will be carried forward and not get lost in copies of files sloshing back and forth.

Issues noted -

- Some of the list bullets render in different sizes in the HTML.

For example, in section 6.2 Properties, the bullets next to EnvironmentConstraints and DeploymentArtifacts are noticeably smaller than the normal bullets. All the bullets look visually the same in .doc and .pdf files. You may want to check the styles used as they are different on these bullets and may be the cause of the problem.

- Some internal links in the Word doc are broken.

For example, on line 63, starting with "All information items defined." [XML Namespaces] is linked to #XMLNamespaces but a target with this name doesn't exist. We also found this for #XMLSchema1 and #XMLSchema2.

- Please make sure that each new section has the Heading 1 style applied.

We went through and did that on this draft. That starts a new page and puts a rule above the heading which is the standard style. It wasn't consistent on the current working draft.

- In the Normative References section, a few of the visible hyperlinks are different from the links themselves (mostly capitalization
differences) and one - [BPMN 2.0] - isn't an active link.

- We went ahead and added the declared namespace to the list of metadata on the cover page and created a namespace document for the CSD even though we do not do this until the actual formal declaration actually exists in a separate machine-readable file (e.g. schema).

We did because we understand that you will shortly approve the next round and that the schemas will be included as separate files as required by the TC Process document.

Please let me know if you have questions on any of these.

--

/chet

Primary: +1 973-378-3472
Mobile: +1 201-341-1393