Subject: Request to establish Liaisons with ISO SC38 and with ITU-T SG13 standards workgroups

Folks,

As mentioned on the last TOSCA TC conference call, I propose that the TOSCA TC establishes a liaison relationship with both:

o the ISO JTC1 SC38 WG3, responsible for Cloud Computing standards in the ISO standards organization

o the ITU-T SG13 WP6, responsible for Cloud Computing standards in ITU-T standards organization

Liaison is about making them aware of the activities within the TOSCA TC and them letting us know about their activities.
I believe that the TOSCA specification work is directly relevant to the work of these committees.

To achieve this, I think we need a simple vote within the TOSCA TC to establish the liaison, which is then followed by a letter to
the appropriate person in each organization.  A sample of such a letter, as used by the OASIS BIAS TC to set up a liaison with
the ISO JTC1 SC37 WG2 Biometrics group is available here:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/bias/download.php/38177/Request%20for%20Liaison%20with%20SC37.pdf

For SC38 WG3, the chair is Mr Don Deutsch of Oracle and the secretariat is Ms Marisa Peacock and they can be contacted via
mpeacock@ansi.org

For SG13 WP6, the chair is Mr Jamil Chawki of France Telecom Orange and the secretariat is Tatiana Kurakova and they
can be contacted via:
tatiana.kurakova@itu.int

Once the liaisons are established, the TOSCA TC will need to appoint a liaison officer to each of these organizations, to
conduct communications between the TOSCA and the target group.  As said on the call, I am prepared to act in this capacity,
if no-one else would like to take on the role.

Yours, Mike

Dr Mike Edwards  Mail Point 137, Hursley Park
STSM  Winchester, Hants SO21 2JN
SCA, Cloud Computing & Services Standards  United Kingdom
Co-Chair OASIS SCA Assembly TC
Chair UK ISO SC38 mirror committee (Cloud & SOA)
PEPPOL eProcurement team member
IBM Software Group
Phone: +44-1962 818014
Mobile: +44-7802-467431 (274097)