Subject: Re: [tosca] Starter Document for Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications Version 2.0

Its just the pattern I'm used to.  To me usually a major version number change implies BIG changes and that usually means breaking changes. Not a hard rule though.  :-)

thanks
-Doug
STSM |  Standards Architect  |  IBM Software Group
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug@us.ibm.com

Inactive hide details for "Probst, Richard" ---04/05/2013 07:23:10 PM---I am surprised to hear that calling something 'v2' impl"Probst, Richard" ---04/05/2013 07:23:10 PM---I am surprised to hear that calling something 'v2' implies incompatibility with v1. Is that common p

From: "Probst, Richard" <richard.probst@sap.com>
To: Doug Davis/Raleigh/IBM@IBMUS,
Cc: "Lipton, Paul C" <Paul.Lipton@ca.com>, "tosca@lists.oasis-open.org" <tosca@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date: 04/05/2013 07:23 PM

I am surprised to hear that calling something 'v2' implies incompatibility with v1. Is that common practice in OASIS?

If so, I would definitely vote to call these docs v.next or v1.x, because we have not found any reason to be incompatible, and we don't want anyone to assume that we have.

But again, I'm surprised by this assumption.

Best,

  --Richard

On Apr 5, 2013, at 2:21 PM, "Doug Davis" <