Subject: Re: [OASIS-Appeal-001] A question regarding the appeal

Yes, I think so. If the three of you wish to make the appeal as individuals, that is fine. In that case, however, mention of the TAB shouldn't be included because it gives the appearance that the TAB has something to do with the appeal.

I am just fine with leaving this as an appeal, sent by Martin on behalf of the below signed members, and leaving mention of the TAB out of subsequent discussions.

Thanks for clarifying for me,

/chet

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 4:17 PM, Jacques Durand <JDurand@us.fujitsu.com> wrote:

Chet:

Just jumping in on this - I think we were careful to NOT make this look like a formal TAB decision (which it is not) – we just sign as individuals yet mentioned our quality of  “members of the TAB” to give some background on our motivation in doing so.

Do you think it is still too confusing?

-jacques

From: Chet Ensign [mailto:chet.ensign@oasis-open.org]
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 1:12 PM
To: MARTIN.CHAPMAN@ORACLE.COM
Cc: OASIS TAB; Jacques Durand; Patrick Durusau; tosca@lists.oasis-open.org; Scott McGrath; tc-administration@lists.oasis-open.org

Martin, one question with respect to the appeal itself.

You have presented the appeal as being from the TAB. I recall that we talked about the subject in the last meeting of the TAB but I don't recall that the TAB as a group agreed to appeal and in any case I can't find any mention of it in the draft minutes. If I missed it in the minutes, please send me the link.

If it isn't minuted, then in order to ensure that the TAB is in fact appealing as a group, please pass and minute a motion in the next TAB meeting that I can then reference for the record. I recuse myself now from discussion and voting on the subject.

Thanks,

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org