Subject: IMPORTANT: June 27th TC Meeting Canceled. BUT, Not-Official, Optional (later) Curvature/Donabe Demo Offered

Hi TOSCA-ers,

Based on the non-availability of planned issue presenters (it’s the summer!), we will NOT be having a regular TC meeting on June 27th. However, as per the request of the Interop SC, I will provide the usual phone, WebEx bridge, and Chat (see below) for an INFORMAL demonstration of a tool for OpenStack (see below).

This demonstration will be at 1:00pm ET / 10:00am ET for 30 minutes.

* This demo will have NO OFFICIAL STATUS and is being hosted purely as a courtesy.

* Attendance will be completely optional.

* Attendance will NOT BE RECORDED and does NOT count towards voting status, etc.

If you have any questions, please consult Simon and/or me.

Demo Description: http://www.openstack.org/summit/portland-2013/session-videos/presentation/interactive-visual-orchestration-with-curvature-and-donabe

"Interactive Visual Orchestration With Curvature and Donabe"

By: Debojyoti Dutta, John Davidge, Sam Betts, Bradley Jones, Jack Peter Fletcher

In this talk we introduce Curvature – an interactive visual orchestration tool for applications on OpenStack. We also describe Donabe – a recursive container service – and how both can be leveraged in conjunction to create and deploy recursively stackable application topologies from virtual machine images and Quantum networking components.

Curvature’s approach to service deployment allows the user to define a workload at a higher level of abstraction than current deployment tools. Users draw their desired application topology on a canvas using a toolset of Quantum L2/L3 components and virtual machine images. This topology can then be deployed onto a running OpenStack environment at the click of a button – with Curvature handling all of the orchestration necessary for provisioning the workload, i.e. the Quantum networks and Nova VMs. We demonstrate this design and deployment workflow in real time on a live OpenStack environment using real- world use cases.

This talk showcases Curvature’s functionality both with and without Donabe to demonstrate how these services will radically change the user experience of cloud application deployment.

BRIDGE INFORMATION:

Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/TOSCA

Meeting Number: 743 441 576
Meeting Password: (This meeting does not require a password.)

To join the online meeting (Now from the Apple iPhone (R) and Android too!)
1. Go to
https://catechnologies.webex.com/catechnologies/e.php?AT=WMI&EventID=190533717&RT=MiMxMQ%3D%3D

2. If requested, enter your name and email address.
3. If a password is required, enter the meeting password: (This meeting does not require a password.)
4. Click "Join".
5. Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.

To join the teleconference only
Provide your phone number when you join the meeting to receive a call back. Alternatively, you can call:
Call-in toll-free number: 1-866-3766162  (US)
Call-in number: 1-660-422-5140  (US)
Show global numbers: https://www.tcconline.com/offSite/OffSiteController.jpf?cc=9088749479
Conference Code: 908 874 9479

For assistance
1. Go to https://catechnologies.webex.com/catechnologies/mc
2. On the left navigation bar, click "Support".

IMPORTANT NOTICE: This WebEx service includes a feature that allows audio and any documents and other materials exchanged or viewed during the session to be recorded. By joining this session, you automatically consent to such recordings. If you do not consent to the recording, discuss your concerns with the meeting host prior to the start of the recording or do not join the session. Please note that any such recordings may be subject to discovery in the event of litigation.