OASIS Mailing List ArchivesView the OASIS mailing list archive below
or browse/search using MarkMail.


Help: OASIS Mailing Lists Help | MarkMail Help

tosca message

[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]

Subject: [OASIS Issue Tracker] Commented: (TOSCA-115) Requirements Capabilities to provide interfaces

    [ http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TOSCA-115?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=36335#action_36335 ] 

Paul Lipton  commented on TOSCA-115:

From meeting of January 9th (see minutes at: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=51908&wg_abbrev=tosca
). Kishore kindly presented a revised PPT on his proposal. The following discussion occurred. Kishore kindly agreed to follow-up in February with more concrete examples. 

[09:15] Thomas Spatzier (IBM - scribe): next topic: TOSCA v1.1 work - TOSCA 115
[09:16] Paul Lipton (co-chair) WebConf: Folks, Kishore posted a document this morning (see TOSCA-115) for the link and discussion (doc can be found at https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=51898&wg_abbrev=tosca)
[09:16] Thomas Spatzier (IBM - scribe): Kishore presents additional material on the topic
[09:18] Paul Lipton (co-chair) WebConf: TOSCA-115, of course, can be found at this URL (same URL pattern for all JIRA numbers makes it easy: https://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TOSCA-115
[09:28] Thomas Spatzier (IBM - scribe): Kishore will recap what TOSCA-115 is about and will give further motivation
[09:33] Thomas Spatzier (IBM - scribe): Derek asking for motivating use cases - Krishore will present them later
[09:44] Thomas Spatzier (IBM - scribe): Thomas asked for a more concrete real world example which would help to understand the motivation. Currently only a theoretical modeling use case given.
[09:45] Thomas Spatzier (IBM - scribe): Kishore mentioned reasoning if a "client" of a capability needs to implement e.g. an Apache start/stop operation itself, or if the Apache node provides it.
[09:46] Thomas Spatzier (IBM - scribe): Jacques asking for characteristics of the RelationshipShip between the RequirementType and CapabilityType
[09:50] Thomas Spatzier (IBM - scribe): Derek also asking for a more concrete use case to understand the motivation. Proposes to maybe have another call offline to make progress.
[09:51] Thomas Spatzier (IBM - scribe): Paul suggests to table topic for now. Asks Kishore to provide some more context information and additional details, incl. concrete use case.

> Requirements Capabilities to provide interfaces
> -----------------------------------------------
>                 Key: TOSCA-115
>                 URL: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TOSCA-115
>             Project: OASIS Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) TC
>          Issue Type: New Feature
>    Affects Versions: V1.1_CSD01
>            Reporter: Kevin Wilson
> Requirements and capabilities should provide specific interface definitions. So that the designer of a app can depend on a contract set of public properties that are to be provided and a contracted set method/interfaces that are provided by the requirement. 
> For example:
> If I have a dependency on a DB Server, and need to run SQL on that server, at design time, I would like to know the methods supported by the DBServer requirement so that I can leverage that in my component scripting. 
> On the implementation side providing the component, the script/method to execute the script may be different for each DBServer type. IE commands to run SQL on MySQL are not the same commands that would be used for Oracle. However, the SQL may the same in some cases. 
> Similar methods/use cases exist for J2EE server deploy methods etc. 
> By providing a interface on the Requirement/Capability we can leverage the workflows specific to the capability in a generic way. And the designer would be able to identify the contracted calls that are made available.
> https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/document.php?document_id=49635 

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators: http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/secure/Administrators.jspa
For more information on JIRA, see: http://www.atlassian.com/software/jira


[Date Prev] | [Thread Prev] | [Thread Next] | [Date Next] -- [Date Index] | [Thread Index] | [List Home]