Subject: RE: Clarification of Document Types and Approach

Also, FYI, the last YAML rendering and Simple Profile CSD can be found at: http://docs.oasis-open.org/tosca/TOSCA-Simple-Profile-YAML/v1.0/csd01/ (as per discussion below).

Thanks again,
From: Lipton, Paul C
Sent: Thursday, July 3, 2014 3:14 PM
To: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: Clarification of Document Types and Approach

Hi TOSCA-teers,

I made some comments that, being generated in real-time, were less than clear. All I was saying was that as the work of the YAML and Simple Profile ad hoc group becomes more substantial and mature, that we should expect the ad hoc and TC to move more explicitly to a cadence and general approach similar to the below. In my opinion, this will position the work of the TC to prepare for standardization and better alignment in OASIS. It is also consistent and similar to the TC's successful approach in 2012 and most of 2013. Simply put:

A) Document revs (almost every week) - TC walk-through of changes every week with some Q&A, etc.
*	Transparency, democracy, and education well-served
*	What we are doing now

B) Working Drafts (WDs, every 3-6 weeks) - a rev that is formally recognized as "going in the right direction" by the TC.
*	It validates the output of the YAML and Simple Profile ad hoc with the TC's blessing (sort of internal TC milestone)
*	Non-perfect, incomplete, with comments and inconsistencies preserved. Even alternate text or options allowed.
*	A clean and a redline version (changes since last WD) is uploaded to Kavi to facilitate understanding of new changes

C) Committee Spec Drafts (CSDs, every 2-4 months) - A selected WD that enjoys a higher level of standing and publicly posted by OASIS
*	A clean and a redline version of the spec is provided to facilitate understanding of changes since last CSD
*	Non-perfect, incomplete, but a represents a more substantial milestone. Strip out the comments.
*	The last CSD from the TC was published in March and can be found at:

Please feel free to comment, of course.