Subject: Re: Seeking your feedback on two ideas from Dongbei University

My mistake - I sent the same slide deck twice. Apologies - attached are the slides for public non-interactive verifiable computing!

On Wed, Jul 9, 2014 at 2:10 PM, Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org> wrote:

TC members and members of the TAB,

Dongbei University, a new OASIS member, is asking our help identifying TCs to join and/or talk with about concepts they have for new work, possibly new Technical Committees.

They have two areas of interest: public verifiability calculation and cloud cipher text searching. I attach two slide decks they provided to explain the concepts.

- Public verifiable calculation - The idea here is to describe a way in which a small device like a cell-phone or a small tablet computer can offload a complex, resource intensive computation task (e.g. for authentication) to a third party system and receive back a result with confidence that the third party can be trusted and with a means to verify the correctness of the result.

- Cloud cipher text searching - The idea here is to enable secure cloud storage of encrypted content with a means for searching, retrieving and updating encrypted content and verifying the results of searches. Thus, the storage provider never has a chance to see the contents data files but the content owner can still search it.

It strikes me that these concepts may have some resonance with the focus of your TCs.

Could you get back to us and let us know whether (a) you think your TC would see either of these as germane to your scope of work and (b) whether you would be interested in participating in new TCs focused on these subjects. Also, if you have thoughts on other TCs to contact, please let me know so that I can forward this on to them.

We are interested in both finding TCs that members from the University can join and in helping them to explore launching new TCs. Thanks for any suggestions of feedback you have to offer.

Best regards,

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org