Event Title: TOSCA TC 2015 Regular Meeting (NEW)
Date: Thursday, 23 April 2015, 12:00pm to 01:30pm EDT
Location: See private email to TC members. Please contact co-chairs using the email address you used to register with OASIS for meeting information, if you do not have it.
IMPORTANT: Please examine this entire event description for a handy list of resources, responsibilities, and more!
P H O N E, W E B C O N F E R E N C I N G, A N D C H A T R O O M
Due to prankster calls, this meeting will use the phone bridge and web conferencing tool (also the new chatroom URL) specified by the co-chairs privately to all TC members. Please contact the co-chairs from your OASIS registered email address if you have a problem.
R E C O R D Y O U R O W N A T T E N D A N C E
Participants are responsible to log their attendance on this Kavi calendar entry. When you join the meeting, use this page to record your attendance by clicking "Record My Attendance". If you are not on the internet, you can request the chair to record your attendance on your behalf.
Y O U R S C R I B E R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y
Every person in the TC is asked to take their turn at scribing a meeting. You are encouraged to volunteer, and the co-chairs make this easy by providing a "cheatsheet" to make the task easy. Otherwise, when your name is called by the co-chair, please take your turn. You will use the chat room for the initial scribing.
T R A C K Y O U R V O T I N G R I G H T S
Participants are responsible for the state of their voting rights. The co-chairs will endeavor to update the roster at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/members/roster.php before meetings. Except for leaves of absence, the general rule is that a Voting Member who is absent from two consecutive meetings loses his or her voting rights at the end of the second Meeting missed, and a TC Member who has lost his or her voting rights shall regain them by attending two consecutive meetings after the end of the second Meeting attended. (see the TC Process section 2.4.4 for more details).
O T H E R R E S O U R C E S
TOSCA TC PAGE: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/index.php
TOSCA JIRA Project (all proposals and issues): http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TOSCA
OASIS Youtube TOSCA Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaYKtNo_BitZXdvyNDwBi290IHxdi459v
PROPOSALS AND ISSUES:
TC standing rules for JIRA mandate that all technical and deliverable proposals and issues be in the form of JIRA issues and will only be voted upon after 1 week. Issues can be discussed at any time. For details, see the approved proposal at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/email/archives/201112/msg00030.html
This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.
Welcome / Roll
Co-chair appoints a scribe
Review/approve draft proposed agenda
Review/approve draft minutes
* April 16: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=55473&wg_abbrev=tosca
** Thanks to Peter Gibbels for scribing
* Informal co-chair remarks and notables
** Suggested motion: The TC approves a Leave of Absense for Karsten Beins on 22 April for May 4th through May 15th.
** May 7th TC meeting may be an extended meeting to finalize/close issues for CSD03. To be confirmed soon.
** Also, please welcome new TC members: Mr. Uri Cohen from GigaSpaces Technologies, Dr. Dionysios Athanasopoulos from Politecnico di Milano-DEIB, and Mr. Roger Dev from CA Technologies
*** New members: expect a delay, but you will be added to this list within a couple weeks of joining of the TC
Interoperability Subcommittee Report (co-leaders: Matt Rutkowski and Richard Probst)
** 2015-04-20 revised minutes: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca-interop/email/archives/201504/msg00003.html
** Revised Draft of CSAR file posted on 19 April: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=55489&wg_abbrev=tosca
** Interop Demo at OSCON 2015
Ad Hoc on Container Support, e.g., Docker (lead: Hemal Surti)
* TOSCA-174 - This issue related to group activities, questions and suggestions from TC members, etc.
Technical Marketing & Education Ad Hoc (lead: Karsten Beins)
* TOSCA-131 - This issue related to all such activities, questions and suggestions from TC members, etc.
* IMPORTANT: Deadline for confirming OSCON Demo participation coming soon! Please contact Karsten Beins, Richard Probst, or Paul Lipton to confirm or for details!
* INVITATION TO ALL TC MEMBERS: Submit organization/company videos for OASIS YouTube Channel!
** Upload candidate videos for TC review to the OASIS TOSCA TC Documents section (Working Drafts folder)
** All current TC approved videos at the OASIS TOSCA YouTube Playlist
TABLED: Ad Hoc on Network Features (lead: Avi Vachnis)
* TOSCA-173 - This issue related to general group activities, questions and suggestions from TC members, etc.
Ad Hoc on Monitoring (co-leaders: Chip Holden and Ifat Afek)
* TOSCA-216 - This issue related to general group activities, questions and suggestions from TC members, etc.
Ad Hoc on NFV - Network Function Virtualization (lead: Shitao Li)
* TOSCA-221 - Questions or suggestions for the group, general discussion, etc.
* NOTE: A more detailed overview and status will be presented on April 30th
NOTE: All the below issues at the discretion of the co-chairs and time permitting. As always, technical issues must be posted in JIRA issues at least 48 hours to be considered by the TC. Naturally, any TC member can create or comment on a JIRA issue. Upload related documents to the OASIS website (please add links to the uploaded document in the JIRA issue). Please contact the co-chairs if you have any questions or problems.
TOSCA Simple Profile and YAML Language Rendering (can optionally be conducted in conjunction with review of candidate issues for closure or deferral)
See explanation of OASIS document types and typical cadence
* TOSCA-7 (General suggestions/Questions -- Alternate encodings Service Templates, e.g., YAML/JSON and Simple Profile)
* v1.0 OASIS Standard documents
* Latest TC-approved milestone (CSD002) published on 20 January 2015! See here.
Newly-Introduced Issues -- Brief Introduction by Issue Reporter, Q&A, and Identifying any Interested Parties To Help, etc.
* TOSCA-200 (Query based on capability) - Yaron
* TOSCA-202 (Cardinalities for capabilities and requirements) - Luc (23 Apr)
* TOSCA-205 (Add interface type) - Luc (23 Apr)
* TOSCA-208 (Add Conditional Capabilities) - Luc (23 Apr)
* TOSCA-219 (Workflow/Plan generation and components state dependency) - Luc (23 Apr)
* TOSCA-220 (get_artifact function) - Luc (23 Apr)
* TOSCA-225 (Adding a (untyped) dependency relationship between Node Templates) - Derek
* TOSCA-226 (Proposal (incomplete) to change Requirement Def. from Ordered List to a Map) - Matt
* TOSCA-227 (Proposal (incomplete) to change Property Filters Ordered List to a Map) - Matt
* TOSCA-229 (Requirements / target filters and subsituable / selectable are too confusing) - Luc (23 Apr)
Cross-cutting Concerns, Issues, Suggestions, Questions for ALL v1.1 Documents and Deliverables
* TOSCA-108: Catch-all for All Editorial Suggestions That Do NOT Change Semantics, e.g., spelling, grammar, readability
REMINDER: While a general approach can be decided by motion, specific proposals and contributions need to be JIRA issue
Owner: Mr. Paul Lipton
Group: OASIS Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups.
Public Event Link
Microsoft Outlook users: You will see event notifications requiring further
action in your Outlook mail application.
Non-Outlook users: We still recommend subscribing to a Group or organization-wide
calendar to keep your calendar updated.
- Learn more about subscribing here.
- View the updated Group web calendar here.