Subject: RE: [tosca] tosca.nodes.Compute offering questions

Chris is again entirely accurate. I would only add that Compute allows, as attributes, a plurality of Ports and Networks to be associated (via PortInfo[] and NetworkInfo[]) although the mot common use case is for one (virtual) public one private with prehaps a mgmt. network as we show in the Network appendix (but the mgmt. network may not be visible to the application model itself).

Kind regards,
Matt

STSM, Master Inventor, IBM Open Cloud Technologies and Standards
Chair, Lead Editor OASIS TOSCA Simple Profile WG,
Co-Chair OASIS TOSCA Interop. SC,
Founder of DMTF Cloud Audit (CADF) Standard
mrutkows@us.ibm.com,  mobile: 512-431-5002

From:        Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com>
To:        Luca Gioppo <luca.gioppo@csi.it>, TOSCA <tosca@lists.oasis-open.org>
Date:        06/09/2015 03:33 PM
Sent by:        <tosca@lists.oasis-open.org>

Hi Luca,

the “public_address” attribute is only there for convenience:

-          it is an optional attribute, so Compute nodes are not required to have it
-          is is defined for the common case where a Compute node is connected to only one network and exposes only one public IP address. You’re correct that for the more complicated cases (where Compute nodes are connected to multiple networks) the public_ip attribute may not be helpful.

Chris