Subject: RE: [tosca] XML vs. YAML comparison

Hi Luca,

It may be that the TC would consider approving the formation of a TOSCA Simple Profile for XML Ad Hoc Group, similar to the ones for YAML and NFV, tasked with aligning the XML rendering as best it could to the Simple Profile. Over time, it may also be useful for this Ad Hoc group to make specific recommendations leading to better alignment while preserving compatibility with earlier TOSCA Simple Profiles that have already been published as OASIS Standards.

Such groups require leadership. Not to put you “on the spot,” but would you be interested in leading such a group?

[All: the document in question can be found at: https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/download.php/55905/TOSCA%20XML%20vs%20YAML%20comparison-draft.doc]

From: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tosca@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Luca Gioppo
Sent: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 10:04 AM
To: TOSCA
Subject: [tosca] XML vs. YAML comparison

Dear all,

I've wrote a brief comparison of the 2 standards.

I can say that the YAML could benefit of a more structured presentation: the ordering of the grammas and so on is a bit late in the doc that presents the examples before (useful for hackers, less helpful for spec implementors).

As you can see there are BIG differences (even more than the one stated in J.1.1)

Hope that can be of help to discuss on some YAML quirks I have.

Luca