Subject: Opportunity to Review TOSCA Article for Computer Languages, Systems, and Structures

Hi TOSCA-teers,

Please let me know if you are interested in reviewing this article, as I am already involved in co-authoring one.

Ref: COMLAN_2016_87
Title: Enhancing the orchestration of multi-container Docker applications
Journal: Computer Languages, Systems & Structures

Abstract:
Containers are emerging as a simple and effective solution to manage applications in virtualised cloud platforms. At the same time, the need to enhance the facilities currently featured by platforms like Mesos or Kubernetes to support the orchestration of multi-container applications is emerging. In this paper, after introducing Docker containers in a nutshell, we discuss the benefits that can be obtained by supporting enhanced descriptions of multi-container Docker applications. Namely, we show how multi-container Docker applications can be naturally modelled in TOSCA, and how this permits reducing the time and cost needed to develop such applications (e.g., by facilitating the discovery and reuse of existing solutions, and by permitting to validate applications at design-time), and automating their management. We also discuss an architectural support for orchestrating multi-container Docker applications in TOSCA.