Subject: Expert Meeting - TOSCA / DMTF CIMI (August 30)

Hi TOSCA-teers,

As you know, thanks to Jacques, you are invited to join an informal meeting of experts from the DMTF Cloud Management Workgroup, creators of CIMI which among other things is a cloud management and administration API , and a mature DMTF standard (see links below). You are invited to participate and speak freely as an individual TOSCA expert.

Not to speak for the CIMI folks, but my personal impression is that they are exploring how they might provide a better and/or more optimized API for TOSCA Orchestrators, but no no-doubt they will explain (or Jacques can correct).

I’ve asked them to provide an update on CIMI status, future plans, and current implementations, which I hope they will lead with to orient the TOSCA folks.

Some examples of the types of questions they may ask TOSCA folks are depicted by these examples (slightly tweaked by me):

Any use cases for cross-cloud orchestration?

What are the needs to control TOSCA instances, e.g., methods to control access, state, monitoring?

Role and impact of Cloud providers APIs in TOSCA implementations, (OpenStack and others.)?

TOSCA implementations: orchestrators, but now instance model too.

Variety and portability of these across Clouds: realistic ?

Is this all just an implementation issue?

TOSCA profile for NFV, and its Cloud implementation targets.

 What kind of support will new features in TOSCA (monitoring, “instance” management, policies) expect from Cloud infrastructures?

The meet-up is on Tuesday, August 30th, at 10am ET / 7am PT. Information on joining is below. Kindly drop Jacques and me a line if you think you might attend, so we can provide you with follow-up information. Right now I have John Crandall, Derek, and possibly Matt confirmed. If I’ve missed anybody, please let me know.

WebEx

1. Go to http://dmtf.webex.com

2. Click on Cloud Management Working Group Meeting

3. Click "Join".

Chat room: http://webconf.soaphub.org/conf/room/cmwg

Teleconference Meeting number: 624 542 773

Audio connection:
1-408-792-6300 Call-in toll number (US/Canada)
Participant pass code: 624 542 773
Meeting link: https://dmtf.webex.com/dmtf/j.php?MTID=m714e246d5f5b2ea02c956218aadd046b

CIMI LINKS:

CIMI 2.0.0 - https://www.dmtf.org/sites/default/files/standards/documents/DSP0263_2.0.0.pdf