Event Title: TOSCA TC Regular Meeting (2016)
Date: Thursday, 01 September 2016, 12:00pm to 01:30pm EDT
Location: See private email to TC members. Please contact co-chairs using the email address you used to register with OASIS for meeting information, if you do not have it.
IMPORTANT: Please examine this entire event description for a handy list of resources, responsibilities, and more!
P H O N E, W E B C O N F E R E N C I N G, A N D C H A T R O O M
Due to prankster calls, this meeting will use the phone bridge and web conferencing tool (also the new chatroom URL) specified by the co-chairs privately to all TC members. Please contact the co-chairs from your OASIS registered email address if you have a problem.
R E C O R D Y O U R O W N A T T E N D A N C E
Participants are responsible to log their attendance on this Kavi calendar entry. When you join the meeting, use this page to record your attendance by clicking "Record My Attendance". If you are not on the internet, you can request the chair to record your attendance on your behalf.
Y O U R S C R I B E R E S P O N S I B I L I T Y
Every person in the TC is asked to take their turn at scribing a meeting. You are encouraged to volunteer, and the co-chairs make this easy by providing a "cheatsheet" to make the task easy. Otherwise, when your name is called by the co-chair, please take your turn. You will use the chat room for the initial scribing.
T R A C K Y O U R V O T I N G R I G H T S
Participants are responsible for the state of their voting rights. The co-chairs will endeavor to update the roster at http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/members/roster.php before meetings. Except for leaves of absence, the general rule is that a Voting Member who is absent from two consecutive meetings loses his or her voting rights at the end of the second Meeting missed, and a TC Member who has lost his or her voting rights shall regain them by attending two consecutive meetings after the end of the second Meeting attended. (see the TC Process section 2.4.4 for more details).
O T H E R R E S O U R C E S
TOSCA TC PAGE: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/index.php
TOSCA JIRA Project (all proposals and issues): http://tools.oasis-open.org/issues/browse/TOSCA
TOSCA Wiki: Informal Collaboration (NOT a substitute for the OASIS TOSCA site!): https://wiki.oasis-open.org/tosca/FrontPage
OASIS Youtube TOSCA Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaYKtNo_BitZXdvyNDwBi290IHxdi459v
PROPOSALS AND ISSUES:
TC standing rules for JIRA mandate that all technical and deliverable proposals and issues be in the form of JIRA issues and will only be voted upon after 1 week. Issues can be discussed at any time. For details, see the approved proposal at: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/email/archives/201112/msg00030.html
This meeting counts towards voter eligibility.
Welcome / Roll
Co-chair appoints a scribe (solicits volunteers for future meetings)
Review/approve draft proposed agenda
Review/approve draft minutes
* August 25: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=58795&wg_abbrev=tosca
** Thanks to Karsten Beins for scribing
New TC Members and Observers: Mr. Bruce Thompson from Cisco Systems (Member), Ms. Hongxia Hao from Huawei (Observer), Steve Baillargeon from Ericsson (Observer), Roni Dover from Quali (Member), and Edan Evantal from Quali (Observer)
Co-chair remarks, notables, possible motions, etc.
* Other News from TC members (outside of Ad Hoc group reports)?
Interoperability Subcommittee Report (Chair: Luc Boutier)
Note: Group is now meeting on a monthly basis while test assertions are gathered offline
* JOIN HERE (remember to remind your OASIS Primary Representative to approve afterwards)
* Find the OASIS TOSCA Test Assertion Repo here
* * To contribute to the Repo, you will need to sign an individual CLA (see FAQ for more on individual (and optional entity) CLAs here)
** Please contact the TC Co-Chairs, if you are interested in being a co-maintainer of the repo
* IMPORTANT: TC Members are still invited to self-nominate for the role Co-Chair or Vice Chair
NOTE: Ad Hoc Reports (Exact Order to be Determined During Meeting by Co-Chairs)
See explanation of OASIS document types and typical cadence
Technical Marketing & Education Ad Hoc (co-leaders: Jeremy Hess and Lowell Higley)
* TOSCA-131 (general group activity, and suggestions/questions/contributions from TC members)
** All current TC approved videos at the OASIS TOSCA YouTube Playlist
* 2016-08-02 meeting notes: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=58638&wg_abbrev=tosca
* IMPORTANT: Call for Information on implementations, papers, and other resources (see email here)
Instance Model Ad Hoc Group (Leader: Alessandro Rossini)
IMPORTANT: Expect a motion to nominate a co-leader for this group
* TOSCA-275 (general group activity, and suggestions/questions/contributions from TC members)
* 2016-07-06 meeting notes: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=58458&wg_abbrev=tosca
NFV and SDN Ad Hoc Group (Co-leaders: Shitao Li and Fengkai Li)
* TOSCA-221 (general group activity, and suggestions/questions/contributions from TC members)
* Latest Liaison Statement candidate (TC-approved): https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=58759&wg_abbrev=tosca
* 2016-08-24 meeting notes: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=58785&wg_abbrev=tosca
* NOTE: Latest TC-approved milestone is CSD03 of 2016-03-17! See spec here.
* NOTE: The latest NFV working draft can be found here.
YAML Simple Profile (v1.1 and v1.2) Ad Hoc (co-leaders: Luc Boutier and Matt Rutkowski)
* TOSCA-7 (general group activity, and suggestions/questions/contributions from TC members)
* NOTE: TC-approved v1.1 CSD01 can be found here
* NOTE: Latest v1.2 Working Draft (rev 3) can be found here
* Older v1.0 OASIS Standard documents
Ad Hoc on Containers and Clustering, e.g., Docker (lead: Hemal Surti)
* TOSCA-174 (general group activity, and suggestions/questions/contributions from TC members)
* TC briefing slides from 2016-04-21: https://www.oasis-open.org/committees/document.php?document_id=57998&wg_abbrev=tosca
TABLED: Ad Hoc on Network Features ()
* TOSCA-173 (general group activity, and suggestions/questions/contributions from TC members)
Report on E3C Meeting with TOSCA Experts
NOTE: ADDITIONAL TIME CAN BE ALLOCATED TO INTER-AD HOC WORKGROUP DISCUSSION AND COORDINATION, TIME PERMITTING
Newly-Introduced Issues -- Brief Introduction by Issue Reporter, Q&A, and Identifying any Interested Parties To Help, etc.
* TOSCA-278 (Complex Compute + Docker + Network + Apache + MySQL Use case) - Luca (9 Sept)
* TOSCA-286 (NetworkInfo example missing 'properties' keyname) - Matt (22 Mar)
* TOSCA-287 (Substitution mappings need to allow for mapping inputs/outputs to/from props/attrs) - Matt (22 Mar)
* TOSCA-288 (Specification must state whether TOSCA string names are case sensitive or not) - Chris (23 Mar)
* TOSCA-289 (Invalid definition for tosca.capabilities.Compute.Container.Architecture) - Chris (28 Mar)
* TOSCA-290 (Error in type of port in doc) - Luca (31 Mar)
* TOSCA-291 (Invalid definition of tosca.nodes.nfv.VL.ELine) - Chris (01 Apr)
* TOSCA-292 (Normative tosca.interfaces.relationship.Configure doesn't work for HostedOn relationship) - Chris (05 Apr)
* TOSCA-293 (tosca.nodes.nfv.CP type has "IP_address" as an attribute) - Shitao (28 Apr)
* TOSCA-294 (Inconsistent usage of anti_spoofing_protection CP property) - Sridhar (02 Jun)
* TOSCA-295 (Missing definitions for compute architectures) - John (03 Jun)
* TOSCA-296 (Forwarding graph examples) - John (03 Jun)
* TOSCA-297 (Add Network Service Descriptor (NSD) using substitution mapping) - John (03 Jun)
* TOSCA-298 (Add Virtual Network Function Component (VNFC)) - John (03 Jun)
* TOSCA-299 (Fix VNF Forwarding Graph schema) - John (03 Jun)
* TOSCA-300 (Inconsistent specification for Interface Types) - Chris (13 Jun)
* TOSCA-301 () - Luca (11 Jul)
* TOSCA-302 () - Luca (11 Jul)
* TOSCA-303 () - Luca (11 Jul)
* TOSCA-304 ([TOSCA-Simple-Profile-NFV-v1.0] csd03 references an out of date ETSI specification) - Thinh (18 Jul)
* NOTE: 305-309 will be added later
* TOSCA-310 (tosca.nodes.nfv.VDU is required changes to align with IFA011 requirements) - Thinh (22 Jul)
* TOSCA-311 (Adding vEPC NSD example) - Shitao (29 Jul)
Cross-cutting Concerns, Issues, Suggestions, Questions for ALL v1.1 Documents and Deliverables
NOTE: All the below issues at the discretion of the co-chairs and time permitting. As always, technical issues must be posted in JIRA issues at least 48 hours to be considered by the TC. Naturally, any TC member can create or comment on a JIRA issue. Upload related documents to the OASIS website (please add links to the uploaded document in the JIRA issue). Please contact the co-chairs if you have any questions or problems.
* TOSCA-108: Catch-all for All Editorial Suggestions That Do NOT Change Semantics, e.g., spelling, grammar, readability
REMINDER: While a general approach can be decided by motion, specific proposals and contributions need to be JIRA issue
Owner: Mr. Paul Lipton
Group: OASIS Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) TC
Sharing: This event is shared with the OASIS Open (General Membership), and General Public groups.
Public Event Link
- Learn more about subscribing here.
- View the OASIS Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications (TOSCA) TC calendar here.
- You may receive future notifications with updates to this event. Update the event on your calendar by accepting the changes.