Subject: 答复: Modify or create new VDU Node Type

Hi Steve

I think we will still use tosca.nodes.nfv.VDU as the general VDU type. And I agree will your last sentence.

IMO it is best to re-use the existing tosca.nodes.nfv.VDU and expand it and/or change it as we see fit. Then I think it will be good to set the VDU image artifact as deprecated.

To be clear, tosca.nodes.nfv.VDU is just the root VDU type, every company can define its own VDU type that derived from this root VDU type. For example, with different number of virtual storage and different number of connection point.

Different VNFs (products) from different companies can have its own design, their VDU (topology of VDU) may not be the same.

Regards

shitao

发件人: Steve Baillargeon [mailto:steve.baillargeon@ericsson.com]
发送时间: 20161014 3:45
收件人: Lishitao; Thinh Nguyenphu; tosca@lists.oasis-open.org
主题: Modify or create new VDU Node Type

Hi

csd03 defines the NFV VDU node type with URI tosca.nodes.nfv.VDU.

Such NFV VDU type does not have much defined today i.e. 2 capabilities (monitoring_parameter and virtual binding) and 1 artifact (VDU image ).

in csd04, are we modifying/extending the existing tosca.nodes.nfv.VDU or we creating a new node type say tosca.nodes.nfv.VDUv2 ?

If we do decide to create a new node type, then it will be important to keep the old node type in the spec and declare it “deprecated” (such feature should be added to YAML 1.2 spec?).

IMO it is best to re-use the existing tosca.nodes.nfv.VDU and expand it and/or change it as we see fit. Then I think it will be good to set the VDU image artifact as deprecated.

Comments?

Regards

Steve Baillargeon