Subject: substitution

Hi all,

I'm confused when I went through the substitution example of simpl yaml v1.1.

According to the specification, the inputs and outputs defined by the topology template should match the properties and attributes of the node type definition, but the inputs of database example obviously doesn't match the properties of Database node type. which is db_user,db_password and user, passord.

Is it a document issue or I misunderstand ?

Thanks for your help.

Huabing

The below sentence is from 2.10.3 Definition of the database stack in a service template

"Further note that no mappings for properties or attributes of the substituted node are defined. Instead, the inputs and outputs defined by the topology template have to match the properties and attributes or the substituted node. If there are more inputs than the substituted node has properties, default values must be defined for those inputs, since no values can be assigned through properties in a substitution case"

The substitution example from 2.10.3

tosca_definitions_version: tosca_simple_yaml_1_0

 topology_template:

   inputs:

    db_user: (should be 'user' ?)

      type: string

    db_password:(should be 'password' ?)

      type: string

    # other inputs omitted for brevity

   substitution_mappings:

    node_type: tosca.nodes.Database

    capabilities:

      database_endpoint: [ database, database_endpoint ]

  node_templates:

    database:

      type: tosca.nodes.Database

      properties:

        user: { get_input: db_user }

        # other properties omitted for brevity

      requirements:

        - host: dbms

    dbms:

      type: tosca.nodes.DBMS

      # details omitted for brevity

    server:

      type: tosca.nodes.Compute

      # details omitted for brevity

The definition of Database nodetype:

tosca.nodes.Database:

  derived_from: tosca.nodes.Root

  properties:

    name:

      type: string

    port:

      type: integer

    user:

      type: string

      required: false

    password:

      type: string

      required: false

  requirements:

    - host:

        capability: tosca.capabilities.Container

        node: tosca.nodes.DBMS

        relationship: tosca.relationships.HostedOn

  capabilities:

    database_endpoint:

      type: tosca.capabilities.Endpoint.Database