Subject: RE: [tosca] TC Admin comments on TOSCA Simple Profile in YAML v1.1 CS01

Hi Chet,

Thanks for catching these items. With input from the editors, the TC will decide how to address these issues with the appropriate non-material changes.

Regards,

Paul

From: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org [mailto:tosca@lists.oasis-open.org] On Behalf Of Chet Ensign
Sent: Tuesday, August 8, 2017 11:34 AM
To: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Paul Knight <paul.knight@oasis-open.org>

Members of the TOSCA TC,

Congratulations on the publication of TOSCA Simple Profile in YAML v1.1 Committee Specification 01!

In preparing the CS for publication, we noted some problems that you may wish to fix in future rounds of publication. These were items we could not fix because they involved your content, which we generally do not touch unless a problem occurs because of our processing.

We run 2 link checkers: "pinger" in FireFox and the W3C link checker (http://validator.w3.org/checklink). In this case, the W3C check detected several significant items. You can get the report yourself by going to https://validator.w3.org and entering the URL for the HTML version of the spec.

It looks like some links point to the editors' local file systems.

Several of the names listed in the Acknowledgments section have bad links appended to the hyperlink for their email address, including:

Frank Leymann

Kapil Thangavelu

Nikunj Nemani

Richard Probst

There are a number of broken links noted: (line numbers are from the HTML file)

Some of the links to this resource point to broken URI fragments (such as index.html#fragment).

Broken fragments:

In other cases, internal cross references have become entangled in the TC Editor's local system, for instance:

- the reference to Chapter 2.1 at the next to the last paragraph in 2.9.2

- the first two links to "string" in the table in 4.8.1.2

Please let us know if you have any questions on these issues.

Best,

/chet
Chet Ensign
http://www.oasis-open.org