Subject: Socialization meeting - Starfish (w/ Redfish) collaboration meeting with ONAP and TOSCA Experts

Dear TOSCA-teers,

Interested TOSCA TC experts are invited to attend a meeting with folks from the Starfish (with DMTF Redfish) group and ONAP. This will not be a TC meeting. TOSCA participants will be speaking as individual experts, and should avoid taking on obligations or making “promises” on behalf of OASIS or the TOSCA TC.

That said; please contact Chris or myself. We will forward you a copy of the invitation.

Meeting description is below:

When: Monday, February 12, 2018 11:00 AM-12:00 PM. (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Where: In the body of the message

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

This is the meeting maker – (slides will be sent separately)

*** THIS IS AN OPENING DISCUSSION TYPE MEETING SO WE CAN GET ORIENTED, AND SEE HOW TO APPROACH THE WORK OF A INDUSTRY PATTERN.

I’ll send out slides for the meeting, but at the end of the day the Starfish project establishes a common industry Portal “object pattern” for customer to use.

The project already uses some of the key strengths from Redfish that align with current telecom trade patterns (ordering systems), and Cloud.

The User Managed Object pattern that Starfish is looking at will be socialized… as to what it’s direction is and what it’s strengths are.

We would like to discuss / review the key strengths from TOSCA, and from ONAP in terms of their object / resource patterns to see if we can come to a best of breed alignment

TOSCA = capabilities / Requirements pattern, node encapsulation, and topology schemas

schema, and others ?

Purpose – review each model and Identify key concerns that each group feel need to be investigated.

Expected output – Identify patterns to be shared across the team, and research items

Expected follow ups - Each group should try to go back and make suggestions on how they feel a single industry User Portal Object should be patterned

Regards,