Subject: TOSCA TC Scribing in a Nutshell

Hi TOSCA-teers,

Alex expressed interest in seeing the “scribing in a nutshell” text. I am taking the opportunity to share it with all of you.

Why? Because we need more people to volunteer!

For example, if you are interested, we will be looking for a volunteer for our meeting on June 24th. Just reply to this email to indicate your interest.

SCRIBING IN A NUTSHELL:

1. In the chatroom, change your name using setting button in the chat room to "YOUR NAME (Scribe - CO).

2. Record motions/votes and some context in the chat room during the meeting (people will add details and help). You don't have to quote people exactly, or capture every technical nuance, but try to capture some of the basic points, questions, and answers, as they occur. Don't hesitate to ask folks to clarify or add extra information in the chat, if you miss something that might be important.

3. Later, use this great example to produce a similar word document.

o   Please place captured motions (content, who made the motion, who seconded, and the vote totals, e.g., unanimous) in the appropriate section near the top.

o   Please note that we are now required to list the attendees in the minutes, which you can obtain from the meeting event page on the OASIS website.

o   Please copy/append the raw chat room contents at the end of the doc (copy/paste works fine in most browsers (so remember to copy and save the text from your browser).

4. Post draft file called "TOSCA TC Minutes 20YY-MM-DD" to "Meeting Notes" folder here: http://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/documents.php