Subject: RE: Proposed TOSCA/OASIS response to ETSI ISG NFV

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for providing this helpful suggested response. It meets our simple needs to acknowledge and extend thanks for past communication, while highlighting an important milestone of potential interest to the ETSI NFV IWG. The TC will discuss and I will get back to you shortly.

Regards,

Paul

From: Jamie Clark <jamie.clark@oasis-open.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 26, 2018 3:35 AM
To: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org
Cc: Lipton, Paul C <Paul.Lipton@ca.com>; Simon Moser <smoser@de.ibm.com>; Chet Ensign <chet.ensign@oasis-open.org>
Subject: Proposed TOSCA/OASIS response to ETSI ISG NFV

CAUTION: This email originated from outside of CA. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognize the sender and know the content is safe.

Dear TOSCA TC members:

We understand that you're aware of the ETSI Liaison Statement number NFV (18)0000761/1, entitled "ETSI NFV SOL001WI: scope change", dated 14 March 2018, a copy of which was circulated informally and appears in your TC repository at:

https://www.oasis-open.org/apps/org/workgroup/tosca/download.php/62977/NFV(18)000076_LSout_to_OASIS_TOSCA_on_SOL001_scope_change.pdf

Although we have not been able to confirm that OASIS officially received the statement directly, obviously we and you both are both aware of it.  So it's appropriate to respond.  Our thanks go to TC co-chair Paul Lipton for calling this to our attention.

We suggest that OASIS send the following response on your behalf.  Please advise if you have any comments or further questions regarding this text as set forth below:

----

PROPOSED DRAFT to ETSI

"Dear [ETSI ISG NFV parties]:

Thank you for your liaison statement NFV (18)0000761/1, dated 14 March 2018, to our OASIS TOSCA Technical Committee.  Unfortunately, due to communications difficulties, OASIS only has been able to review and respond now, and I apologize for the inconvenience of a late reply.

OASIS and its TOSCA TC appreciate being advised of your use of some of the TOSCA core model concepts, in ETSI's own continuing work regarding NFV configurations and descriptions.   We always are pleased to hear that the work of our experts is useful to the technical community.

We would like to call to your attention that the latest version of the relevant TOSCA materials has been updated, and released as:

TOSCA Simple Profile in YAML Version 1.2 Committee Specification

as of 23 July 2018.   Its permanent reference URL will be available shortly, but also can be seen here:

Respectfully,

[signature]

END OF DRAFT TO ETSI

Please advise us of any comments, particularly if the foregoing text should be changed.  We anticipate sending the message to the appropriate ETSI parties within a day or two, if there are no objections from the OASIS TC.

Kind regards    JBC