Subject: RE: Edge cases in maps: missing content (empty content)

Hi Chris,

thanks a lot for your reply (and no problem at all about not replying earlier)!

Regarding your position on “presence of an operation definition” in a node template, I believe we need to discuss it in ETSI NFV SOL001, and might conclude that we need to fix the specs.

Greetings,

Gábor

From: Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2019 9:56 PM
To: Marton, Gabor (Nokia - HU/Budapest) <gabor.marton@nokia.com>; tosca@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Gabor,

Apologies for the late reply. I’m not sure there is an “official” OASIS TOSCA position on which of these are valid, but here is my opinion:

  • Yes, I believe Case 1 and Case 2 are both valid and identical.
  • I believe that your Case 3 and Case 4 are both valid and identical as well.
  • I don’t believe your Case 5 is valid. It effectively says that the default value for property_1 (of type string) is None (or Null). I don’t believe that None (or Null) are valid values for type string.

That said, I don’t believe that “presence of an operation definition” in a node template should have any meaning associated with it. In particular, I don’t believe that presence of an operation should specify whether that operation is supported or not. Defining an interface on a node type implies that all operations of that interface are supported by all nodes of that node type. Of course, some operations may not have implementations defined, in which case the operation becomes a noop.