Subject: RE: Minor errors in latest draft

Hi Chris,

Here are some comments on Section 7.3.8 Use a custom workflow language:

1.       The beginning of this section should capture our discussions on this topic, i.e. about the responsibilities of decomposition of tosca template, maintaining and exchanging instance model etc. so that the strategy and applicability of third party work flows is clear for the readers. Is it necessary to introduce and describe âexternal workflow enginesâ as it was done for artifact processors so that it is clear how TOSCA Orchestrators can interact with such engines? This would also align this section with clear statements already present in the specification about declarative and imperative workflows, state change, steps weaving etc.

2.       Section 3.8.7.1 talks about property definitions and attribute mappings. There should also be clear examples about interactions between TOSCA and external workflows , for e.g.

a.       How does an attribute from a node template/instance get assigned as input and passed to external workflow.

b.      Is it possible/not possible to invoke operations for a particular node template from external workflows? E.g. invoking interfaces->Standard->Configure , interfaces ->Standard -> Create etc.

c.       How are the outputs from external workflows returned and assigned to attributes in the node template?

3.       Section 11.1.19 - tosca.artifacts.nfv.SwImage to be changed to tosca.artifacts.Deployment.Image

Regards,

Priya