Subject: RE: [tosca] Groups - TOSCA Imperative Workflows supporting custom workflow language uploaded

Calin,

Thank you for your inputs. In last weekâs discussion,  we talked about making the entire topology template available to the external workflow engine since there could be many input parameters and defining each of them as inputs to the external workflow could be an overhead.

Hoping to continue the discussion in todayâs meeting.

Regards,

Priya

From: Calin Curescu [mailto:calin.curescu@ericsson.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 2, 2019 6:19 PM
To: Priya T G <priya.g@netcracker.com>; tosca@lists.oasis-open.org

Hi Priya,

I think that the best way to solve this problem, that already works with TOSCA v1.3 specification is to use an imperative workflow, where the input is received from the outside and in its only step uses the âinlineâ activity to inline an external (i.e. Mistral) workflow. The inline activity should have the new form we introduced in v1.3 where we provide inputs to the called workflow. Since it is inside the pther workflow, both the inputs from outside and inputs that are taken from the nodes can be freely mixed.

For example the following snippet:

workflows:

  wf2_external_mistral:

    inputs:

      wf2in1:

        type: string

      wf2in2:

        type: string

    outputs:

      wf2out:

        type: string

  wf1_called_from_outside_api:

    inputs:

      wf1in1:

        type: string

      wf1in2:

        type: string

    steps:

      main:

        target: vnfNode

        activities:

       - inline:

            workflow: wf2

            inputs:

              wf2in1: { get_input: wf1in1}

              wf2in2: { get_property: [ vnfNode, property1 ] }

BR,

/Calin