Subject: re: Agenda for July 30 TOSCA Language Ad-Hoc meeting

Hi Chris and Calin

Just to summarize the conclusion about the CSAR issue we have discussed on yesterday’s call,

General understanding from  the group:

1, imports statement in a service template is used to carry the files only including TOSCA type definitions, it is not allowed to carry a file with topology_template and substitution_mappings. The current multiple DFs example in ETSI NFV SOL001 spec which allows the top level service template to contain the imports with all the lower level service templates is not complied with TOSCA grammar.

2, the new CSAR with TOSCA-metadata format in tosca-simple-profile-yaml v1.3 is mainly used for the case that multiple service templates with topology_template will be used inside one TOSCA CSAR package, e.g. a VNFD with multiple DFs.

3, the option for CSAR without TOSCA-metadata is only applicable if there is only one TOSCA service template with topology_template will be included in the CSAR, so this option is not applicable for the VNFD with multiple DFs scenario .

Did I miss something? If we agree on the above understanding, can we add them to the meeting notes? Thank you.

Regards

shitao