Subject: RE: [tosca] Groups - TOSCA Imperative Workflows supporting custom workflow language uploaded

Greetings,

I would just like to voice an agreement with the idea that there would be a core specification that covers the basics, possibly includes the essential normative types, and then have a set of extensions or add-ons or enhancements or DLCs to complement them for the target domains and use cases. The goal wouldnât be that anyone then makes their own variant of an orchestrator that does a thing differently than another orchestrator does the same thing. What it would do is to release the implementors from the burden to comply with the bulk of the specifications where only a small subset would actually be used.

As for the use of workflows for modifying the instance model, I have not yet been able to delve into this proposal to form an opinion. But I come from the group that is very much interested in implementing an orchestrator that is capable of doing that. I expect that in the upcoming revived ad hoc on emergent computation weâll have a set of use cases that weâll be able to explore various solutions and proposals against. Thatâll bring the world of edge computing, IoT, serverless â the use cases where I believe Kubernetes&co. donât help. I share the feeling that I believe Chris said yesterday, that TOSCA already brings so much on the table that there is all the potential for solving this.

Best regards,

Matej

Matej ArtaÄ, Ph.D. / Project Manager
XLAB d.o.o. / Pot za Brdom 100 / SI - 1000 Ljubljana / Slovenia
tel.+386 40 556 755 / info@xlab.si / www.xlab.si

Project Manager, Platform and Systems Orchestration

Member of OASIS TOSCA Standard Technical Committee

Member of steampunk.si

Google Drive / Linkedin / Twitter