Subject: RE: [tosca] Groups - clarification on get_property .doc uploaded

Hi Arturo,

As we discussed a couple of weeks ago, I believe that the example used in the documents does not use valid TOSCA. That said, your comments bring up good points. Specifically, it is possible to use get_property to get a property of a node that is a target node of a dangling requirement (i.e. the target node is not defined in the template itself, but is supposed to be provided by the orchestrator at orchestration time). In that case, if the get_property points to an optional property, then the orchestrator should flag a validation error in my opinion.

Chris

From: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org <tosca@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Arturo Martin De Nicolas
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 6:27 AM
To: shitao li <lishitao@huawei.com>; tosca@lists.oasis-open.org

Hello Shitao,

Thanks for bringing this up.

This is my view:

It depends on how the property is defined on VNF node type definition.

a) The property is an optional property of the VNF node type. Then if the node template does not include a property assignment it means the node does not have this property and the get_property function used from another node template should fail.

b) The property is mandatory and had a default value defined in the node type definition. In that case,  if the node template doesn't include the property assignment, it will take the default value and the get_property returns this value.

The monitoring_parameters is an optional property in the VNF node.  From TOSCA perspective a derived node type could define it as mandatory, but I think in SOL001 we have not really discussed about changing optional properties to mandatory in the derived types, have we?

Best regards,

Arturo