Subject: Re: [tosca] key_schema in TOSCA 1.3?

It's seems that you are right, it's a rather obscure feature and does require a special syntax. It would be interesting to see what YAML parsers make of it.

On Sun, Sep 8, 2019 at 9:22 PM Chris Lauwers <lauwers@ubicity.com> wrote:

My understanding is that YAML allows pretty much anything to be used as a key in a map, including complex objects.

This might be a good topic to revisit during our Tuesday meeting.

From: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org <tosca@lists.oasis-open.org> On Behalf Of Tal Liron
Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2019 1:42 PM
To: tosca@lists.oasis-open.org
Subject: [tosca] key_schema in TOSCA 1.3?

I'm confused by the intent for new grammar for key_schema.

How do you assign values if the key_schema is not a string? YAML does not have such syntax. Would it be a list a tuples, perhaps? Is this in the spec somewhere but I missed it?

Also, it seems the the new "schema definition" itself has keywords for key_schema and entry_schema. Is this a mistake? Shouldn't those only be in attribute/property definitions?

Also, a long-standing issue: the entry_schema and key_schema keywords are marked as non-required. However, if the type is a list or map then they should be required, no? Or is there a default value (string?) that is expected. This behavior is not specified.