Subject: relative vs. absolute path names in import statements

I keep running into issues where different TOSCA service templates make different assumptions about path names in TOSCA ‘import’ statements:

·         I have always assumed that all path names are relative (i.e. they start in the same directory of a repo or CSAR archive as the template that contains the ‘import’ statement). However, based on that assumption, it is not clear to me how I would specify an ‘absolute’ path name.

·         However, I also see templates that all path names are absolute (i.e. they always start at the root of a repo or CSAR archive)

·         Aside from ‘import’ statements, how do we deal with other aspects of the TOSCA syntax that rely on path names, e.g. path names to specify an ‘artifact’ in a repo?

I think that ideally we should support both absolute and relative path names. Either way, I don’t think the spec clearly defines expected behavior so we need to clarify this.

We could adopt a ‘unix’ convention where absolute path names must start with a leading /   Alternatively, we could use something the Python convention, where all paths are considered absolute unless they start with a .

Thoughts?